The importance of shoes is stressed often but one thing that needs more stressing is their care. We all are well aware of the tips and tricks to buy shoes, size them correctly, or catch up on the trendiest pairs. But what we often neglect is how to take care of them. If you don’t take proper care of your shoes, they will not live up to their true potential and will retire halfway. You can always buy new shoes, but that’s not right is it? If you can’t even take care of your shoes what will that say about your personality? So, read the following tips carefully and replicate them in your life.
- Once you have bought the shoes, the foremost thing to do is to store them properly. Most likely you will need your shoes once in a while so without proper storage, they will lose their freshness.
- While storing, make sure that the place is free from any kind of moisture. A moist environment will cause the shoes to break away as the bacteria in moist places is likely to attack the leather.
- Don’t just forget your shoes after storing them. Whenever you find time, visit them. Clean them even if you don’t have to wear them instantly. Letting shoes get dust is very bad for their demeanor. After wearing your shoes all day, clean them up and don’t leave them with dust still on. Nothing will eat away their color quickly.
- You must have a shoe rack to keep your shoes. The benefits are multi-fold. For one, you can have all the shoes in front of you while choosing. Also, they will keep their natural shape if stored properly on a shoe rack.
- Just like you use products to keep your skin fresh and young, shoes too need polishing and shining to stay young. Polish your shoes regularly and try to never wear them without shining. Make it your habit as it will increase your shoe life significantly.
- Don’t just keep your attention focused on the exterior of the shoe, keep an eye on the interior too. Take good care of the sole especially. The sole is more vulnerable to the dirt of all sorts. You must keep your sole clean. Apart from the health of the shoe, it is an aspect of good etiquette to never go anywhere with dirty shoes.
- For laced shoes, take good care of the laces. Don’t just ignore them in front of the shoe body. As they are mostly worked on, they tend to rupture. Replace them at the earliest. We recommend you white elastic shoe laces.
- Leather shoes need extra care. You must allow it to breathe and the best way is to treat it with a good quality shoe cream. Use a soft cloth to apply it and brush after the cream has settled properly.
- You can also try home remedies to make your shoes new again but do make sure to not use too harsh ones.